Arc will have Order. Chaos must be eliminated. Only through Order will there ever be peace in the lands of Lost Souls. Chaos will be crushed through whatever means possible.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

It has been a very long time since I have taken the time to record my thoughts here. The madness of Ganesha has finally left me, after many months. I barely recall the thread of my journeys, except to know that it was replete with insanity, violence, and death. Yet Zerth was right: I now have a clearer understanding of myself.



During my madness, I experienced many, many visions. Most of these, I am certain, were the product of my damaged mind. A handful, however, cannot be explained away. In these few, Ganesha was always present, as were other of what I assume were similar deities. One particular tableau remains vivid in my mind. Ganesha erected a wall, which I walked through without thought (for such is my ability these days). Immediately, another wall sprang up before me. This wall too I stepped through, though not without some difficulty. Ganesha trumpeted His (Its?) joy, and a third wall arose. I strode boldly forth, only to pull up painfully short at a wall that was impenetrable to my form. I felt the minds of these gods observing me as I sought some way around the latest barrier. Finally, growing frustrated, I unleashed a torrent of eskaris upon the wall, which vanished instantly. I sensed... disappointment... from Ganesha's solid form, but a spark of interest from one of the other gods. I was held in some sort of stasis while divine thoughts reached an accord.



Suddenly, I was released from my bondage, and yet another wall sprang up from horizon to horizon. I somehow knew that the only way through this vision was to conquer the wall as I had done previously; I was also made to understand that, should I fail, my life was forfeit. This simple allegory had turned into a struggle for my very existence. Again I sought to pass through the wall immaterially, and again I was rebuffed. I quickly focused a stream of eskaris at the wall, expecting results similar to my last attempt. In this case, however, the wall wavered, but held. Puzzled, I sat down to consider my options. Ever the scientist, I lashed at the wall with a wave of fire. Again the wall wavered. I struck it with plasma, and again with pure death; once more the wall wavered but held firm. I absently grabbed a stick and began to draw formulae in the dust while I considered my few remaining options. My mind began to blur at the edges, and suddenly it occurred to me that the runes and symbols I had inscribed could be combined into a single overarching principle. I sensed a presence guiding my thoughts, allowing me the fulfilment of this idea; at first I thought it was Ahrikol, reaching through my madness to assist me, but I soon came to realize it was another of the pantheon that begat Ganesha. This figure appeared to be covered in ash, and had a serpent wrapped around its neck; I could tell little more, as my mind felt as if it were about to explode. This figure smiled down at me and said one word, "Shiva."

At once a great wind blew away my calculations and I instantly inscribed a single rune which captured the principles of fire, plasma, radiation and death. Looking at the wall, I pronounced aloud the name of the rune. The god laughed in delight, and a second word entered my consciousness, "Destroyer." Instantly a brilliant light arose from the center of the wall, and it vanished in a torrent of green flame, leaving an enormous mushroom-shaped cloud and nothing more. In my dream, the god looked down on me once more, and I sensed his pleasure. He inscribed on my forehead a crescent moon and vanished.


I awoke from this fevered more-than-a-dream, and the inn at which I had been staying was a glowing pile of ash around me. As my gaze rose further, I noted that the entire village was ablaze, and what corpses remained were flash-burned beyond racial recognition. Still in the throes of my madness I was not sure what part, if any, of what I had experienced was fantasy; but after I regained my senses, I revisited the spot where the village once stood. Nothing grows there now.

My journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment